Sunday, 12 July 2015

Beaulieu Hot Rod and Custom Drive-In Day

A few weeks ago I attended the Hot Rod and Custom Drive-In Day at Beaulieu National Motor Museum.  It was my first time to this particular event and the first year where they have hosted a 'Vintage Village.'  They had music, dancing and vintage traders, all of which made it a bigger and better event.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many vehicles they had in attendance and really enjoyed the whole day.  I am looking forward to going again next year and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of vintage vehicles and vintage shopping!

As I recently blogged about the VLV car show, I won't inundate you with too many car photos but here are some that I liked...

 
 
 
 
 
Carmen Ghia and the Hotrods were an aptly chosen band for the day
 
My friend Vicki who owns the shop This is Vintage was trading on the day and looked lovely in her Collectif outfit
 
Linda and Alice of Classic Vault Vintage organised the Vintage Village, which had some great traders.  They also organise the Bows and Braces Vintage Fair in Lymington too!
 
I wore a dress that I had purchased at the VLV car show.  The bag was also purchased from the VLV car show and was a birthday gift from Alan.

 
 
The dress has eyelets making it a good choice for a warm day.

Alan also wore a 1950s shirt purchased on holiday and 1950s reproduction trousers. 

 

 
Dress: Vintage from trader at the Viva Las Vegas car show
Belt: Pin Up Girl clothing
Shoes: Topshop
Hat: Vintage from eBay
Jewellery set: Vintage from Etsy
Sunglasses: Vintage from Vera Mode
Bag: Vintage from Blue Moon Vintage at the Viva Las Vegas car show

11 comments:

  1. I could look at vintage cars all day! I always get so excited when I actually see one driving around town. My brother in law drives a vintage car, and people are constantly trying to ask him what year it's from.
    You look fabulous. Love that dress, and I love that you wore a dress that you bought at one car show to go to another car show - very appropriate. Those little lace up espadrilles are so cute! You fellow looks swell as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! I, too, thought that the dress would be appropriate for the car show! :)

      Delete
  2. Sensational outfit! I love that great dress and fun straw hat. What a perfect warm weather ensemble.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love this hat and wish I had more opportunities to wear it!

      Delete
  3. That straw hat really is something special! I love the embroidered details on it. Your whole outfit looks incredible as usual! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the embroidery too! :)

      Delete
  4. The hat is absolutely 'Whoooooooohooooo!'. What a great piece and it mateches the lovely dress perfectly! Great look!

    I'd wish German Rockabilly/hotrod Markets would be like this ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well we don't have many car shows in the UK, they seem to be very popular in the Scandinavian countries though.

      Delete
  5. You are both splendid as always!!!! I'm not a big fan of cars event (Sylvain is a HUGE fan...) but if there are a few more activities and good friends, it can become a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Laurence! We don't have many car shows in the South so it was great to be able to go to this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love LOVE your hat! I would love to have something along those lines for hot summer days and vintage car shows. Keeping my eyes peeled.

    What a lovely post :) Good VLV find as well with that dress :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete