Saturday, 31 October 2015

An American Classic

I have been wanting a Pendleton 49er for a few years now but hadn't managed to find one in my size until recently.  As with all jackets, it is something that is harder to purchase online because you need to get the fit just right.  I was lucky to find this one on UK ebay and for a good price, however, the seller didn't post it for over 2 weeks so I didn't think it was going to arrive!

 
At this time of year, it is a great little jacket to throw on for a more casual but still classic vintage look.
 
 
I am also wearing my Atomic Swag t-shirt and western belt that I picked up at VLV.  You can just about see the horses, bulls and cacti on the belt!
 
 
http://www.vixen-vintage.com/2011/10/49er.html
 
Here is one of my favourite Pendleton adverts! 
 
Pendleton 49er: Vintage from Ebay
Shoes: Minnetonka
Jeans: Freddies of Pinewood (Jeanies pedal pushers)
Top: Atomic Swag
Purse: Vintage from trader at VLV
Belt: Vintage from VLV trader
Fox brooch: Luxulite

 
 



12 comments:

  1. I love this casual and cute outfit. Those jeans are perfection on you - I really have to invest in a pair of Freddies, they always look amazing. The 49er jacket is such a classic piece, I really like how you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should definitely invest in some Freddie's, they are great for a causal vintage look! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great outfit, full of lovely little details which all complement each other. Very nice Pendleton, bet you will get lots of wear out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad I finally own one! :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous outfit! I'm a huge 49ner fan as well, but I'm allergic to wool (it usually gives me hives), so I've never bought one. I'd love to have the style copied in flannel or another similar fabric so I can finally join the 49ner club, so to speak, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's such a shame! I know there are others out there in a similar style but I'm not sure what fabric they are. I hope you find a non-wool one soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the casual western theme you've got going here! That t-shirt is awesome and I adore your belt! I've been looking for the perfect leather western belt myself, and if I find one like yours I think I'll be very happy. :D



    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonita! The leather belt was a lucky find I think! :)

      Delete
  5. I want a pendelton so badly - but all I've ever found had tons of moths holes or if the condition was great they were out of my price range ...
    You look absolutely adorable in this western girl look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a challenge to find one and I was lucky that this was from a UK eBay seller. I hope you find one soon! :)

      Delete