Sunday, 24 January 2016

Christmas presents

Happy 2016!  A bit late into January but oh well!

Here are some of my Christmas presents which I received from my fiancĂ©... Plaid quilted circle skirt and red box purse, both purchased whilst we were at Rhythm Riot.

 
I seem to have an obsession with 1950s quilted circle skirts.  They have a great shape and I have found some in nice colours and prints.  They are great for this time of year to keep you warm!
 
 
 
The reverse carved Lucite earrings and brooch aren't a proper set but match very well!
 
Did you receive any vintage goodies for Christmas?
 
Top: Vivien of Holloway
Skirt: Vintage from trader at Rhythm Riot
Brooch/ Earrings/ Bangles: Vintage from eBay/ Facebook
Purse: Vintage from trader at Rhythm Riot
Shoes: Miss L Fire
 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely! The top is fabulous! I have yet to buy anything from Vivien of Holloway. But I do love a good pair of Mis L Fires!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like Vivien of Holloway lined pencil skirts - they have a great fit! This slash neck top is also nice! :)

      Delete
  2. I know they're one of the only things you didn't mention, but I need to save up my pennies for a pair of those Miss L Fire shoes! I hope they re-release them again this winter, they're so perfect for cold weather vintage living. That skirt is really lovely as well, what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They re-released them for A/W15! Get them now before you regret it!

      Delete
  3. You're not alone there!!! I'm positively wild about vintage quilted skirts, too (I own two so far, both from the 50s: one red, one black).

    This is such a fun, classic outfit. Red sings on you, sweet gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! They're just so easy to wear, love them! :)

      Delete
  4. Ah, vintage quilted circle skirts... One of my vintage unicorns! This is a stunning example, and I do love that plaid; particularly paired with your cherry red top! Gorgeous! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you manage to get one soon, I do see them on Etsy quite often!

      Delete
  5. Lovely skirt, I bet it is so cosy. My husband got me a tartan VoH circle skirt for Christmas which I was very chuffed about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt was such a fabulous Christmas gift. I love everything about it. I see you rocking it quite often in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that top in Forest Green, it's great isn't it? Your skirt looks wonderful with it! x

    ReplyDelete