Monday 4 November 2013

Steak snob

As you are probably aware from my outfit posts, I don't go out a lot in the evenings, mostly because there is not a lot to do in Southampton (or the surrounding area!)  Most of my clothes are therefore day wear.  However, I do enjoy going out in the evening (especially when good food is involved) so I thought I would share with you some photos taken back in September when I went out for a colleague's birthday at a local Steakhouse.


You might remember that I blogged about this dress back here when I purchased it from Sweet Bee Finds on Etsy.  The colour, the dreamy chiffon and the cute peter pan collar made me buy it immediately!  I also decided to team it with my not-totally-comfortable Ferragamos.



I also 'apologise' for the odd poses in these photos and the fact that I appear to be at an angle, I asked my Grandma to take them before I left for the Steakhouse and she is not used to using a smartphone camera!

And now onto the steak in question.... Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE my food.  And steak is one of my favourite meals but I will only eat it from proper steakhouses and wouldn't dare try to cook it at home... best to leave it to the professionals!  Vegetarians might want to look away now...

I always have the fillet and I always have the 11oz size but each time I always feel that I could have gone bigger!  I am starting to get hungry just looking at the photo...

Dress: Vintage from Sweet Bee Finds on Etsy
Bag: Vintage from Etsy
Shoes: Vintage Ferragamos from Etsy

4 comments:

  1. Lovely dress, great colour, pleat, collar combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what i love about your blog so much: day wear!
    i don't go out much either and when i go out i actually don't make a big difference between day and evening clothes.
    to be honest, going to a club/concert here in berlin means to me dressing dow, because i'm afraid to ruin my precious old dresses by getting caipirinha stains or holes from cigarettes ... sometimes in the night i might look more like a rock chick than a vintage gal.
    your dress is absolute lovely. i would wear it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! I love any excuse to dress up, but opportunities t wear fancy evening frocks are also thin on the ground where I live. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collar and cuffs on this midnight blue dress.

    ReplyDelete