Monday 22 December 2014

A festive outfit for work

First and foremost, I wish all my blog readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

This will be the last post of the year and I decided to make it a festive one.  I have wanted to do some work outfit posts for a while but it is difficult because I leave for work early in the morning and I'm too tired by the time I get home.  I'm not a vintage purist when it comes to work clothes either - comfort and practicality is important for me - so I mix vintage with repro and mostly wear separates.

 
Whilst I don't buy repro dresses, I am a fan of certain repro separates and I cannot get enough of this Collectif skirt.  In fact, I did a swap with my friend Vicki exchanging one of my vintage plaid skirts to get this one!  Swapping vintage for repro, crazy isn't it?!  Except the vintage one was a little too big for me and this one fits quite nicely so it was a good swap. 
 
 
I wish they did this skirt in other colours, I would definitely get more!  It has easily become my go-to work skirt this festive season.
 
 
I don't own many Christmas specific vintage items but I just love these holly leaf screw back earrings!
 


Do you wear purely vintage to work or do you like to mix vintage and reproduction clothing?
 
 
Top: Vintage sweater from I can't remember where!
Skirt: Collectif
Shoes: Clarks
Necklace: Vintage from trader at Bows and Braces Fair
Earrings: Vintage from Etsy
 

8 comments:

  1. This is a really cute look! The red and green plaid certainly fits in with the season.
    I really wish I got to wear my own clothes to work. I usually have to wear a uniform, unless I'm covering on a floor where they don't have to wear them, although I still wear my own clothes into work.
    Today, I don't have to wear my uniform, so I'm wearing a vintage cardigan and a modern, not-repro-but-vintagey skirt. I would love to dress in head to toe vintage every day, but money/fragility doesn't really allow for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I don't have a uniform! I would definitely struggle I think! Wearing a mix of repro and vintage also means not wearing anything too fragile :)

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt ~ it's such a lovely seasonal piece! I don't think your crazy for swapping vintage for repro either if you're going to wear the repro piece more than the vintage one. : )

    I think your necklace is super cute, and so are your earrings! I just received my first vintage Christmas accessory too ~ a lovely holly leaf brooch with some pearl bead 'berries'. I can't wait to wear it! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you got to wear your holly leaf brooch this Christmas :)

      Delete
  3. to wear a red plaid skirt was actually also my plan for christmas but everything got so confused by packing up and moving house, that i lost track ... so i swoon over your lovely plaid outfit!

    happy, happy christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no, hope you managed to find your skirt before Christmas Day!

      Delete
  4. Lovely plaid skirt. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete