Sunday 18 January 2015

Atomic Fleck

This is one of my favourite recent outfits...


This early 1950s Toni Todd dress was one of my more 'riskier' Etsy purchases in that there was a very limited description and the photos weren't great.  The price, however, was a bargain so after some of my questions were answered by the seller, I decided to purchase it and I am glad I did because I love it.  The photos have made it look like a blue but it is actually more a grey colour!

 
It has an "atomic fleck" to the fabric which is what I really like (as well as the cute red buttons.)  I love those 1950s men's sports jackets with the atomic fleck pattern but adding "atomic fleck" to an Etsy listing title seems to allow for an inflated price!


 
 
I also LOVE my new Miss L Fire shoes!  Especially as they were free!!!  I was lucky enough to be the UK winner of their Thanksgiving Instagram competition in which they were giving away a pair of the Manhattan (seen above) or Savoy shoes.  Although this is not a style of shoe I would usually choose, I think they look better than on their website and they are so comfortable to walk around in. I have quite a few red items of clothing and accessories in my wardrobe so I am glad that I did choose this style and in this colour.  Also, if anyone is interested, this pair (and many others!) is currently on sale on the Miss L Fire website!

Dress: Vintage from Etsy
Coat: Vintage from Vintage Fair
Bag: Vintage from eBay
Shoes: Gift from Miss L Fire!
Earrings: Vintage from Rhythm Riot trader
Bracelet: Vintage from Clobber Vintage
Brooch: Luxulite from Etsy

16 comments:

  1. A stunning outfit - from the dress to the shoes, and that gorgeous coat. Well done on winning the shoes, that's brilliant! I won a Voodoo Vixen cardigan this week. There's nothing like a win to make you feel on top of the world! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so good! Yes it is a great feeling :)

      Delete
  2. That dress is lovely. I like a good atomic pattern; it's a shame they weren't more widely used (and therefore easier to get now!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I wish I could find more dresses with an atomic fleck!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit, as always. Love how you've co-ordinated everything (again, as you always do) That dress would be a winner with me too, I love the fleck patterns but I agree with you that it's hard to find them for a good price - sellers even seem to put it in the titles of items that don't even have a pattern that warrants being called atomic! Anything to get a page view! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That annoys me so much too! Not just with 'atomic fleck' but also with other key words in listings!

      Delete
  4. lucky gal! the shoes are amazing, i just swooned over them in a online shop ... the dress is absolutely adorable! i would love to have it in my wadrobe. great piece. i can't wait to see it in another combination.
    thanks, i leanrd something new ... i didn't knew that this print is called atomic fleck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks amazing on you. The "atomic fleck" really does add something to it (my boyfriend was just looking at jackets like that when we were vintage shopping recently), and it's great that you were able to find it at such a great price. And those shoes.... I seriously drool over Miss L Fire, I'm a bit jealous you got a free pair! They look great with this outfit.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I just got lucky with this dress being a good purchase, I usually get a little bit wary of the listings at bargain prices!

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous dress! Sometimes those listings are worth taking a chance on because you can definitely be pleasantly surprised! Very smartly accessorized, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I don't usually buy from those sorts of listings but at least this one paid off! :)

      Delete
  7. Super lovely look, dear gal! I adore navy and red together. It's a perfect pairing all year round. In the winter it matches the darker palette of the world and in summer it feels nautical and optimistic.

    Huge congrats on your MLF win!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I definitely prefer this sort of dress to a floral style one because of its practicality :)

      Delete
  8. Great outfit and I really like all your accessorising. What a good win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love red so it was easy and fun to accessorize this! :)

      Delete