Saturday 20 June 2015

Beautiful South Coast

Yesterday, I had a day off work and wasn't sure how to spend it to make the most of the lovely weather that we've been having.  In England, you never know how long the good weather will last so you always feel you need to make the most out of each day.

And it isn't just about making the most out of the day, I have to make the most out of my summer wardrobe!  I do prefer vintage summer wear and therefore have more of it than colder weather clothes.  So as soon as the weather becomes nice, the challenge is to wear all your summer clothes as you will never know when it will be warm enough to wear them again!

I chose yesterday to wear this beautiful pale yellow sundress.  I purchased this Jeanne d'Arc dress deadstock from a trader at Viva Las Vegas this year.  I had seen the dress there each day but it was only until the Sunday when it was reduced (and so cheap!) did I decide I really needed it in my life! 

 
I am also wearing a recently purchased deadstock necklace and clamper bracelet from Bow and Crossbones.  I always feel a little sad cutting the tags off deadstock items, as they are no longer deadstock once you do that but I don't see any point in buying something if I'm not going to wear it.  At least I know I will look after it.
 
 
We went to Hengistbury Head which is only 45 minutes from where we live and walked along the coast and then back down along the beach.  A great day to spend on the beautiful South Coast.
 



Dress: Vintage deadstock from a trader at VLV
Bag: Vintage from eBay
Necklace and Clamper: Deadstock from Bow and Crossbones
Earrings: Vintage from Etsy
Sunglasses: Vintage from Vera Mode
Ballet Pumps: New Look

18 comments:

  1. Oohhh me, too!!! I'll keep the tags on until the absolute moment that I am going to wear that piece out of the house for the first time. It's never an easy thing to do (snip them off), but ultimately part of me is glad that the garment or accessory is finally being worn, as it was created to be.

    Very lovely summertime look - yellow is dazzling on you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just the opposite in that I love Winter so much, almost 3/4 of my wardrobe is Winter-wear! Thankfully some of my favorite vintage reproduction brands have had some big sales, so I've picked up more warm weather appropriate dresses and blouses. I LOVE that dress, and the style is so flattering on you!

    Naomi
    teenyboppinalong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's interesting! Although I definitely prefer summer clothes, over the last few years I have made a concerted effort to build my vintage winter wardrobe :)

      Delete
  3. You are such a babe! I love this look on you. That dress is adorable, but your necklace and earring set really caught my eye. Your whole look, head to toe, is just perfect. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy some summer sunshine, it definitely agrees with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jessica! :) I bought the necklace quite recently and I'm glad it matches my earrings which I bought some time ago!

      Delete
  4. Love this dress! Good find on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so glad the dress was still waiting for me on the Sunday!

      Delete
  5. Great purchase! This dress looks perfectly on you! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dress! And I am so jealous of your location.... we visited the South Coast in 2012 and our weather was absolutely amazing. Makes for wonderfully fond memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to say the weather isn't always like this but we have had a fairly decent summer so far... :)

      Delete
  7. Stunning jewelry set; it looks so lovely with the yellow embroidered sundress. I know how you feel about taking the tags of deadstock ~ somehow it seems slightly sacrilegious! The deadstock has made it *this* far without loosing those tags, and now I go tearing them off... But like you said, you're not going to buy something without using it, and at least these beautiful pieces are finally being fully appreciated. :D ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do feel we owe it to the deadstock vintage to take good care of it! :)

      Delete
  8. Love that photo of you on the cliffs, looks so summery! Very pretty dress too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really loved this place so can't wait to go back soon :)

      Delete
  9. OMG I have a sneaky suspicious that I'm not actually following you on Bloglovin! No wonder I keep missing your posts :( :( That's awful of me! How adorable is this outfit though? You are one summer perfection, miss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so beautiful! This dress is fantastic it fits you so well and the print is amazing!

    http://welcometoflipsville.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete