Monday 17 June 2013

Afternoon Tea at Rhinefield House

These are some photos from Mother's Day back in March.  Those in the UK know that this March was ever so cold, hence the coat! 

We celebrated by having Afternoon Tea at Rhinefield House which is in the New Forest.



The first few photos were taken outside my house and I managed to brave the cold to enable some photos of my dress!  This is a 1940s dress purchased from Dethrose Vintage on Etsy - it is one of my favourite dresses as it is so easy to wear and isn't as "fragile" as some of my other 1940s dresses.  You can also see my 1930s/ 1940s suede heels which don't come out often because I'm afraid that they will get ruined.  I also love a good tilt hat (sorry for not getting any close up photos of this hat - I will try harder next time!)

A word on my coat - I find it quite difficult to purchase vintage coats online and managed to purchase this coat at a fair.  With the tie belt done tightly, it fits quite well.  After the summer, I will be looking for more of these types of coats - it got worn a lot this winter!


It was delicious! 


Coat: Vintage (Vintage Fair (I think it was one of Judy's Affordable Vintage Fairs)
Dress: Vintage (Etsy)
Bag: Vintage (Etsy)
Hat: Vintage (Etsy)
Shoes: Vintage (Clobber Vintage in Boscombe)
Gloves: Vintage (Etsy)
Cardigan: Zara

5 comments:

  1. My dear, there is such a refined, becoming sophistication to your outfit. It's timeless and beautiful - just like you.

    This looks like such a wonderfully enjoyable event, thank you very much for taking us along with you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! Same here, I´m also afraid to ruin my vintage shoes, so I´m not wearing them every day ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute from head to toe! Shoes are tough - but if you upkeep and they'll last way longer! Polish, condition, etc. And a cobbler is your bff! I swear my cobblers are my shoe heroes, and perhaps magicians lol.

    xo Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog! What great style you have! Will be checking in with you again :) I love your gorgeous hats too! Love Vintage Vessel xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And for introducing me to your blog too! :)

      Delete