Friday 10 May 2013

Hello!

So welcome to my blog!  

Although I have followed vintage blogs for a few years, being the one creating a site and posting is all very new to me, so please bear with me! 
This blog is a place for me to share my love of vintage with the world!  I have been collecting vintage for about 6 years now.  My favourite era is the 1950s to early 1960s and I draw most inspiration from the styles worn in America during that time, however I do also love earlier eras and I do purchase clothing from 1930s-1940s (when I can afford it!)  I tend to buy most of my vintage online and the rest of it comes from fairs and shops but I am finding it increasingly difficult to find vintage items that I love in bricks and mortar stores in the UK (if you know of any amazing shops in the South of England – please do tell me!)
I live in Southampton, England and have done so for most of my life.  I am hoping one day to be able to move to America – preferably to California!  I visited there in 2011 and fell in love with the place.  Most of the blogs I read are those based in America but I have found some really awesome ones from other locations around the world, which I am hoping to share with you in a blog post in the future!
I hope to be able to post once a week and I apologise in advance if I do not stick to this schedule.  I work Monday – Friday in a hospital and I don’t get to wear to vintage to work all the time so really it is down to the weekend outfits which will make up the bulk of the content for this blog. 

I would love to hear from you if you love vintage like I do! 




Dress: Vintage (etsy)
Coat: Hobbs
Fur: Vintage (Flea market in New York)
Shoes: Topshop
Hat: Vintage (etsy)

5 comments:

  1. lovely coat. it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new blog goes really well! Good luck!

    Adventures of a Sequin Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Fabulous* coat! That's interesting you'd like to move to America, I think a lot of us would like to move to Europe hahaha. The grass is always greener on the other side of the pond?

    Welcome to the blogosphere <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I think I definitely have a bad case of "the grass is always greener" syndrome. I would quite like to re-locate to elsewhere in Europe (Paris maybe?) but Southampton (where I live) is a bit of a black hole!

      Delete
  4. Now I read your whole blog :D and what should I say? Its amazing! I looove it

    ReplyDelete